Holy crap everyone, it’s been 4 freakin’ years!
According to Facebook, 4 years ago, I accepted my position of Afternoon Guy on Rock 108 and man, what a ride it has been.
A lot can happen in 4 years, and a lot sure has! My 4 years here have been am absolute blast and it was easily one of the best decisions I have ever made in my career. Rock 108 has been an absolute joy to work at since Day 1. The people I have had the pleasure to work with whether they are still here or have moved onto other things, have all been awesome.
Just a quick list of the things that I have had the pleasure of doing these past 4 years, and some major accomplishments.
- Trips to Northern Invasion & Rock USA
- Reconnecting with Ivan Moody of FFDP
- Working with some radio legends from Iowa and across the nation
- Being identified as the ‘Eastern Iowa Nerd’
- Attending concerts seemingly everyday
- Making some great video content
- Paying off my student loans…entirely
- Discovering how effing epic Iowa Sweet Corn is
- Performing with Pop Evil
- Driving to Dave Ellefson’s Coffee Shop
- Attending concerts in Minneapolis, MN
- Just REALLY diving into the radio business
- Seriously….this list could go on…I have a lot.
However one of my biggest things that I love? The listeners…you guys…seriously! Back at my old station, I had people come up and say hello! But here? You are some of the most passionate and loving listeners I could ever ask for. You get involved, you call in, you come to the concerts and station apperaences, it’s unlike ANYTHING I have ever seen in radio and it’s freaking amazing.
4 years ago, my wife and I made the decision to coming to Iowa…while it was hard on us as any move is? We are fortunate and lucky to say you guys made it A TON easier.